WHY WE ARE PRAYING AND FASTING
1) To unify and mobilize all believers of San Joaquin County in 21 days of prayer and fasting.
The Prophet Joel Gives Us A Prophetic Example In Joel 2:15-16:
“Blow the trumpet in Zion, sanctify a fast, call a solemn assembly: Gather the people, sanctify the congregation, assemble the elders, gather the children, and those that suck the breasts: let the bridegroom go forth of his chamber, and the bride out of her closet.”
2) To seek God’s direction for the Church’s response to the pandemic and pray for the end of the pandemic we face.
The Psalmist Said In Psalm 91:9-11:
“Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation; There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.”
3) To seek God’s direction for the Church’s response to the government's intervention in our ability to gather for worship.
King Solomon Declared In Proverbs 29:2:
“When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.”
4) To seek God’s direction for the Church’s response to abortion on demand.
David Wrote In Psalm 139:13-16 (NKJV):
“For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous are Your works and that my soul knows well. My frame was not hidden from You, when I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed, and in Your book they all were written, the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them.”
5) To seek God’s direction for the Church’s response to the civil unrest and promote racial harmony.
Paul Stated In Romans 13:1:
“Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.”
6) To seek God’s direction for how the Church can work against evil spiritual strongholds in our community.
Paul Stated In 2 Corinthians 10:3-5 (NLT):
“We are human, but we don’t wage war as humans do. We use God’s mighty weapons, not worldly weapons, to knock down the strongholds of human reasoning and to destroy false arguments. We destroy every proud obstacle that keeps people from knowing God. We capture their rebellious thoughts and teach them to obey Christ.”
7) To seek God’s direction for the Church’s response to the new sex-ed curriculum in our schools that promote non-biblical values and lifestyles.
Paul Said In 2 Timothy 4:2-4 (NLT):
“Preach the word of God. Be prepared, whether the time is favorable or not. Patiently correct, rebuke, and encourage your people with good teaching. For a time is coming when people will no longer listen to sound and wholesome teaching. They will follow their own desires and will look for teachers who will tell them whatever their itching ears want to hear. They will reject the truth and chase after myths.”